Ok, for some people, fishing may not be such an "adventure", but being that I am not an outdoor girl, I think of it more as an adventure than a day at the spa.
Ryan and I headed up north a couple weekends ago to spend some time with his grandparents and go fishing. His mom, step-dad, brother, and future sister-in-law were also up there too, so it was a wonderful time!
I must say that I am actually very proud of myself. This wasn't my first time fishing, but I definitely don't consider myself an expert quite yet (due to Ryan's family, I was initiated into fishing long ago when I received my first fishing pole from his grandparents for Christmas...one of the best Christmas presents I've ever received to date). I'm so proud of myself because I caught lots of fish (largemouth bass particularly seemed to like me lol) and even helped out getting the boat ready, like cleaning off the anchor before we started the boat again, helping put out and bring in the buoys, etc. I even put my own bait on my hook (ok, only if it was a worm...no leeches for me!). I am really enjoying fishing and am in the making of becoming a fisherwoman! :) Now, don't get me wrong, I also asked Ryan if I had a tick on me most of the time too...some things will just never change.
The thing I loved most about the trip was spending time with Ryan's family. Words can't describe how much I love them. From chatting on the boat, going for walks, having fish fry's, getting ice cream, campfires, and lots of laughing, I can't help but think about how lucky I am to not only marry the man of my dreams, but to now also have another family that I love just as much. It's truly a wonderful thing.
Here are some pictures from the fishing trip...can't wait for the next one :)
My first catch!
Ryan's first catch, hehehe
One of the many largemouth bass I caught (ok, by "many", I mean 7...I don't really know that's "many", but it is to me lol). Ahh..my "delicious bass"...that was a reference to Napoleon Dynamite in case you missed it...
My favorite fisherman <3
No comments:
Post a Comment