Mondays usually mean the start of a work week for me and sometimes I have "a case of the Mondays" (a line from the movie, "Office Space"). I say "usually" because...I have today off! Woo hoo! I haven't had a day off since summer so this was a much needed break. I still woke up early, but it was nice to get up and have coffee with my husband before he went off to work. I have some things I planned to do today, but we'll see where the day takes me, haha.
I was going to use this as an opportunity to mention a song that gets me up and going for the work week, but now that I'm trying to think of one, I'm drawing a blank...figures. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself to think of a triumphant classic. Although...I am really liking "Check It Out" by Will.i.am and Nicki Minaj at the moment...I honestly hated it when I first saw them perform it during the MTV Music Awards, but it has become one of those catchy songs that gets stuck in my head...therefore causing me to like it...sneaky! I catch myself singing along to the "check it out...check it out..check it out..check it out.." parts and now it just picks me up and puts me in a good mood.
Whether you're at work or have the day off today, I hope you have a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment