It's a little hard for Ryan and I to stay out of the Valentine's Day hype since our relationship started during the week before Valentine's Day. I think in the first week that we started dating, we went on 3 dates, the 3rd one being on Valentine's Day.
Ryan brought me flowers a couple times the last couple weeks. Once for our 12 year anniversary of our first date/study break (He calls it our first date, I call it a study break and don't count it as our first date, lol) and another time for Valentine's day. He brought home flowers last week for our anniversary, white calla lilies. Side note: on our first date (our real first date, according to me, lol) he brought me white tulips thinking they were white roses, my favorite flower. So this year, he decided to bring me another kind of white flower to mix things up, haha. For Valentine's day, he came home to surprise me with flowers during his lunch break because he knew I wouldn't be expecting them during that time. He brought me white roses. And they were actually white roses :)
And for our Valentine's Day date, we decided to get dressed up and have dinner at the best place in town -- our home. We made dinner (which was SUPER yummy: steak and shrimp) and had a candle lit dinner with some wine and music provided by our satellite network, haha. It was perfect.
So, to the man who brings me flowers for special occasions and for no reason on any other day of the year, I love you. Thank you for making every day feel like Valentine's Day. Thank you for still making me feel like I did 12 years ago when I was a giggly 18 year old, going out with this guy that gave me butterflies.
so romantic, you guys are adorable. glad you had a wonderful valentine's day and happy 12 year anniversary! can't believe its been that long! stay warm and i hope the snow melts away QUICKLY!
ReplyDelete