Tuesday, October 26, 2010

This one's for a fabulous mama

One of my good friends, Karen, also has her own blog, Lifestyle of the Pregnant and Fabulous, and she usually has a post called Tuesday Shoesday on, well, Tuesdays. I thought it should only be fitting that I dedicate this one to her :)

I am in my brother-in-law's wedding in December and have my bridesmaid dress fitting this week. Wait, am I a bridesmatron? How does that work now? Anyways, back to the point...

I had to buy shoes for my dress fitting so that the seamstress knows how much of the fabric to hack off (I'm estimating 2 feet because the dress is so long and I am sooo short). Those who know me know that I am more of a sneakers/flip flops girl, so shopping for shoes last night was definitely interesting. Most of the heels I tried on were either too high, too short, or so skinny that it brought back flashbacks of a scene from Single White Female (stillettos, anyone?). Don't even get me started on how I looked walking in them.

I finally decided on the shoes below. They are super comfortable and the heel is high yet sturdy. I'm not sure how wedding appropriate they are, but I thought they were pretty and I figure I can also wear them with jeans too (ha...yeah, I actually laughed while typing that...). I was just told to get black heels, and these are black, so I think they'll work? If not, the dress is long, lol. I do really think they're pretty and very comfortable, so I should be ok. And I love the flower detail on the toes :)

Ok, so here is a quick picture, I need to go practice walking in my new shoes!

2 comments: