Sunday, January 23, 2011

Adventures in Baking: Double Chocolate Brownies

In case I forgot to mention it already, Ryan bought me a new mixer for our anniversary this past November to replace my broken one. It's a mixer I've been wanting for quite a while now...my very own KitchenAid! Ever since I got Betty (well, you can't be surprised that I named her!), I've baked Christmas cookies and chocolate chip cookies. I haven't baked much yet, but plan on trying more recipes now that we aren't as busy.

I had planned on sharing my baking adventures on here, but forgot to do so the past couple times I've baked. Today's baking adventure consisted of a recipe I found for double chocolate brownies.  Once I got the batter ready, I was kind of afraid that I did something wrong because the batter was SO thick.  I wondered if I forgot to add something or added too much of something. They turned out pretty good though, so I guess that's just how home made brownie batter must be like? I wouldn't know...prior to this, I've only made brownies out of a box!

Here's proof that I've been practicing my baking skills! I'm debating tackling banana bread sometime soon...


Ryan's favorite dessert :)


No comments:

Post a Comment